Sam Hackworth, Ph.D.
I have been a Licensed Psychologist since 1994, and in private practice in Austin since 2002. Prior to private practice, I was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Psychology) engaged in clinical services, research, and training of psychology and medical students/interns. My clinical experience has included work in developmental clinics, schools, outpatient clinics, and inpatient hospital settings. I also created the Ask a Child Psychologist® parenting advice website, online since 2001, which provides help to parents and others around the world.
I earned my Ph.D. from the University of Washington in Seattle in Clinical Child Psychology, with an internship at Duke University Medical Center. I also earned my bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of Tennessee, and my master's degree in Clinical Psychology from Trinity University.
I live in Austin with my wife and two children.
Education and Experience Summary:
- B.A., Psychology, University of Tennessee 1982
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Trinity University 1987
- Ph.D., Clinical Child Psychology, University of Washington 1994
- Internship, Child/Pediatric Psychology, Duke University Medical Center 1992-1993
- Assist./Assoc. Professor of Pediatrics (Psychology), University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences 1993-2002
- Practicing as a Licensed Psychologist since 1994
- Licensed Psychologist out of state 1994-2002
- Licensed Psychologist in Texas 2000 to Present